EAR CROPPING is painful, mutilating and disfiguring.
1. The AKC opposes cosmetic alterations.
2. The ASPCA says they are “opposed to this kind of senseless surgery.”
3. The AVMA has asked AKC to “prohibit the showing of dogs with cropped or trimmed ears.”
YOU can help to halt EAR CROPPING…then tail docking…in YOUR STATE… in the USA!
Many states are making animal mutilation a crime. In most civilized countries it now is a crime.
- The Problem
- The Issue
- Registration statistics for AKC breeds that customarily crop ears.
- AKC breeds that customarily have ear cropping performed on them in the USA.
(including optimal age for cropping)
- Breeds that customarily have tails docked in the USA.
- Breeds that Crop/General Breed Information
- Ear Standards for 17 AKC Registered Breeds in Five Groups that crop.
- Other breeds that crop ears
- Disqualifications for AKC Breeds That Presently Crop Ears
(Year of AKC breed approval)
- Breed Clubs (Contacts)
- AKC Miniature Pinscher flyer sent out by AKC with ALL new registrations.
- Miniature Pinscher Club of America, Inc. Code of Ethics
- Miniature Pinscher Club of America, Inc. President’s Statement
- Drawings of Natural Eared Miniature Pinschers
- Helping Natural Ears to Stand
- Take Action
- What YOU Can Do To Help Stop Ear Cropping and Tail Docking
- Sample Letter for Organizations
- Sample Letter for Elected Representatives
- Start Petition
- Certificate (AffidaVET)
- Casey’s Corner
- Roger Caras, ASPCA
- Leslie Sinclair, HSUS
- Betty White
- Gary Burghoff
- Let’s Break A Tradition
- Natural Eared Champions
- Share your E-mails
- Earmark Target Organizations
- Veterinary Schools in the USA
- Canine Connections
- Dog Owner’s Encyclopedia (Cropping)
- Quotable Quotes
- Image Gallery
- Animal Rights Videos
- There’s An END To This Tail.